08 July 2019

Years going by

Every time I write a post, I seem to be explaining why I have let months or years pass by without writing... Its such a shame! This blog is just like a million things I start in my life and never seem to finish or have the discipline to stick to. There have been times that I have almost deleted this blog... but then I read an old post and get all nostalgic and end up keeping it.

From the last time I posted to now -

1. We moved to Bangalore in 2017.

2. Kids adjusted to the new city in no time. And why would they not? Many uncles and aunts, cousins, frequent visits of grandparents, functions, hangout with friends, idly, dosa, sambar, vada, meals... whats not like about Bangalore.

3. I gained most of the weight I had lost and maintained, and why would I not? Uncles, aunts, cousins, frequent visits of parents, functions, friends, idly, dosa, sambar, vada, meals.... see?

4. Went on an amazing to trip to Amstredam and Paris and south of France. Saw our dear friends and their two lovely boys.

5. Ran the Chennai half marathon (personal best)

6. Ran the Kaveri Trail 21 K (personal worst) (note to self: write a post on this)

7. I became a Certified Yoga Teacher. (note to self: write a post on this)

8. Joined a fitness company as a yoga instructor.

9. Got an award for being "Trainer of the month"

9. Quit the fitness company (shortest stint ever)

10. Freelancing as a yoga teacher now.

11. Vicky took a break from work. 

12. An impromptu road trip to Gokarna and Goa. (note to self: write a post on this)

13. Moved houses - Yes! From a very happening neighborhood to a neighborhood thats synonymous to traffic nightmare. Like seriously, this part of Bangalore is by far the worst I have seen.

That brings us to July 2019.

Its wonderful how easy it is to sum it all up. I wish life as we live through it also had a summary option like this. Life abridged. One can only hope.


No comments: