23 February 2009

My latest infatuation

I'm in 'love' with the Apple. Not the fruit, the computer. My history with Apple started when V gifted me an i-Pod 3 years ago, the cool kind (then) which could play videos and all. i-Pods have come a long way from then, but I still love mine. Last year, before our trip to India, a cousin of mine requested me to bring her an i-Phone, remember the craze? There was so much demand and no phones in the store. I never really understood what the whole fuss was about. It's a phone after all...the oh-my-god-you-want-to-spend-so-much-for-a-phone phone!

(At this point, if you are wondering why I didn't just order it online?
Answer: You don't know me very well. Yeah, there's never enough time. I was in the store 2 days before my trip)

Anyway, that's besides the point. So, it was for the i-Phone that I stepped in to the Apple Store for the first time and that's when I saw it... the i-Mac. My heart skipped a beat, ofcourse that's an exaggeration, but I still like to think of my reaction that way. It was the sleekest looking thing I've ever seen! That's when I realised that I had met my next computer. I usually don't have strong desires, especially not for electronic goods... but this one was different, I knew I had to have it. It wasn't really difficult to convince V about the i-Mac, however, it wasn't as easy as I expected it to be. I had to present a solid case for choosing a desktop over a laptop. Finally, V gave in... let's say he had no other choice! All I had to do next was wait, wait for our old laptop to die. It was a long hard wait... and I think its fair to say that I played somewhat of a crucial role in the death of our old computer.

Then it happened, two weeks ago, we brought my cool gadget home! Our first few 'dates' have gone pretty well. I've realised that I have to make some adjustments, like I miss having MS Office... I know I can't have it all. With some patience and a CD with Office Products for Mac, I think we'll get there. For now, we are getting to know each other and I have a feeling that we are headed in the right direction and that we are going to have a long lasting relationship.

2 comments:

The Jaanuz said...

cool post! haha about 'and I think its fair to say that I played somewhat of a crucial role in the death of our old computer. '

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

Nice ;-))...hope this turns out to be one long love story ...

Thought this might interest you , if you haven't read it already...
http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/01/23/apple.macintosh.anniversary/