04 November 2009

Releasing... Rush 3.0

It’s the day I say Good Bye Twenties… and Hello, Thirties!

Another decade gone by… From being that girl in her twenties to that woman in her thirties… I don’t think I have changed and morphed in to a wiser woman overnight... and I will be dishonest if I say I haven’t changed at all... but I am in no mood for reflection! :-)

Today, I decided to write down twenty points that came to my mind when I thought of my twenties… So, here’s a quick twenty20 ;-)

1. Became financially independent
2. Bought two vehicles with my money ;-)
3. Continued my constant fight with fluctuating weight
4. Developed a love for baking
5. Lived away from parents and outside India for the time… for work
6. Learned a little bit of German
7. Learned a little bit of Spanish
8. Learned to be a decent cook
9. Attempted to learn swimming… ended up learning how to float
10. Met some wonderful people, who I call very close friends now
11. Met the person I wanted to spend rest of my life with
12. Got married; thankfully to the person I intended to spend the rest of my life with
13. Trained for and participated in two 10 K runs
14. Realized the importance of fitness and eating healthy.
15. Realized that I can't stick to the eating healthy part always
16. Shed my geeky glasses for contact lenses…even sported colored lenses for about a year
17. Started drinking alcoholic beverages… experienced some really terrible hangovers as well ;-)
18. Got to see some beautiful places, amazing beaches, vibrant cities and historic monuments…
19. Worked in four organizations
20. Volunteered… two times in ten years… I know, it's pretty bad!

In the next 10 years, I hope to…

1. Travel… top places on my list are: Hampi, Taj Mahal, Brihadeeswara temple, Ladakh, Rajasthan, North East India, Goa (I know, I know, never been to Goa! Shame on me!), South East Asia, New Zealand, Alaska, Italy, France…
2. Become a mother… a decent one at that
3. Continue focus on fitness
4. Learn a new language… I should be able to speak fluently
5. Learn how to swim… not just float
6. Own a dog
7. Do something adventurous… Skydive… may be ?!
8. Own a house
9. Learn cake decoration
10. Train and Run a half marathon

In ten years from now, if I make a list… I have something to validate it against ;-) But for now, its happy birthday to me…

Now go on… wish me well and say nice things.

3 comments:

The Jaanuz said...

As usual... soo well written!! Loved the 3.0 and twenty20... :) :)


Here are my comments on your next 10 years...

1. YEAHHHHH
2. Will happen in the next 2 months... and you'll be an EXCELLENT mother!!
3. Wait for the 2nd one and then focus on fitness... heheheh
4. YEAHHH
5. YEAHHHH
6. NOOOOOO :)
7. Really????
8. You will sooon...
9. WHY??!! :)
10. You are mad!!

now some comments from S
F Z C

which means HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Have a GREAT day and an even BETTER year!!!!

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

Happy Birthday Rush...and yes welcome to what I would like to think is the brighter side of the hill...:-)

Those are two pretty comprehensive lists :-)

Sorry couldn't speak today...Hope you've had a fabulous day so far and wish you a fab year ahead...

Rush said...

Payal and Priyanka,

Thanks so much for your wishes!

Isn't actual getting over the hill after 50 or something hehehehe ;-)

For now, I will definitely be happy to be on the brighter side