29 January 2010

New Year, New baby, New mommy and an old neglected blog

Jan 16th was my blog's first birthday.... and I totally forgot about it.... I was on a baby break!

Nikhil Channaraj made his appearance on Jan 19th a little after noon. As expected our lives as we knew it has changed completely.... forever.

I am still recovering from some pain in certain wrong places, but other than that I have been up and about an hour or so after he was born, much to my mom's dislike.

Little dude is doing fine. Life is pretty bindaas for him. Three people taking care of him, fussing over him, burping him, cleaning him and what not...

As for us adults, we are hanging in here. Once upon a time I couldn't survive without 8 hours of sleep.... cut the 8 in half and that's roughly what I get these days. There is no difference between days and nights. Its all feeding time, changing time, sleeping time for Nikhil. As boring as all that sounds, its such a pleasure watching this small human being. The amount of love and attachment that I feel towards him can't be explained.

Its such a blessing to have my mom around. Good meals on time aside, someone to tell me that the baby is behaving like any other normal infant, someone to tell me not to keep worrying so much.

The new-mom worry has consumed me. Every other friend of mine who has gone through this experience tells me to enjoy this time and not to be a worry freak. But I just can't seem to stop this constant annoying feeling that something might (or is) wrong with the baby. For now, I am trying my best to control my anxiety. I am trying my best not to google every little thing that the baby does. I am trying to chant *shaaantiii shaaantiii* constantly. V & my mom sort of help me maintain my sanity.

Aall izzz vell... aall izz vell

2 comments:

The Jaanuz said...

yes yes.. aall izz velll... stop worrryinggg!!!!! and for the sleep forget about it forever!!! *devil laugh*

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

:-))

Aall izzz definitely well!!!

Just 4 hours of sleep a day sounds a bit scary to me, the lazy bum that I am...everything else sounds like fun and am glad you are enjoying the experience :-)