11 January 2010

Time for some updates

I grant December the "Funnest Month of the Year" Award. I don't even know where to begin. I had my first ever baby shower which was simply superb! I had so much fun at the shower... I can't thank my friends (you all know who you are) enough for having thrown me the bestestest shower. Thanks to all my friends (again, you all know who you are) who came and shared your evening with us and gave us such wonderful and thoughtful gifts.

I had another surprise shower at work... my manager, also a good friend of mine organized everything. She managed to sneak V in to work as well. It is an amazing feeling to have such wonderful co-workers.

Two showers meant two delightful cakes! Needless to say, V managed to polish both off in a decent amount of time. The first one was one helluva strawberry shortcake from Pastries by Randolph... which was decorated with the cutest blue booties you'd ever find. It was so cute that V & I refused to touch it. So, before marking our territories with knives we carefully lifted the booties off the cake. The one from work was a double chocolate mousse cake, shaped as a baby in a blanket... which was another winner.

I must've been a very good girl this year, because I got a wonderful Christmas gift. Spending time with my friends from college. It was so much fun hanging out with my girlfriends. It was so sweet of them to have planned a trip to come visit me. It was just like good old times. We watched movies, we ate so much that our stomachs hurt, we laughed so much that my friends thought I'll go in to labor...

All in all such a perfect month!

No comments: