08 March 2010

Underprepared and Overwhelmed!

March madness...I should say Madness in March. It's been barely 3 months in to the New Year, but one hell of a ride so far for us. The funniest part is that none of what happened so far has been unexpected... Baby in Jan and a move to India in April...

I knew what I was getting in to with the baby... however, when he arrived, everything seemed different. I felt.. and still feel totally underprepared...

A move early this year was on the anvil... but when V got accepted in to ISB... and when we found out that we have to move in April.. I feel so overwhelmed. Liquidating, packing, saying good byes...

For now, I can't seem to get this song out of my head...

Another turning point;
a fork stuck in the road.

Time grabs you by the wrist;
directs you where to go.

So make the best of this test
and don't ask why.

It's not a question
but a lesson learned in time.

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs
and still frames in your mind.

Hang it on a shelf
In good health and good time.

Tattoos of memories
and dead skin on trial.

For what it's worth,
it was worth all the while.

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

-Green Day

4 comments:

The Jaanuz said...

Lovely song..

But I feel like singing

please don't go
please don't gooooo

Rush said...

hehe... I'll be back... some day!! :)

Unknown said...

Hi

I read almost all your blogs (which I found when I googled "how to maintain a 8000 mile long distance relationship" :))...I hope you guys get all the happiness in the world...MS from US...working there and then going back to ISB is like a dream for me....I have been in a long distance for 3.5 years...it started during the final semester exams and I left for US within 2 months...things have started falling apart now...maybe coz I'm frustrated (unemployed after MS in US)...maybe coz my gf is too busy with her higher studies in US...4 guys from her college have proposed to her in the last 6 months...she thinks its harmless but i think it may lead to somewhere as those guys are "right there" with her...we are at a point when we think we have ruined each other lives...we would have been better off without the other...all this is even messing up my job search....i cannot concentrate on anything....we have decided not to talk for some time and see if it is "easy" to live without each other...i cry almost everyday thinking about the beautiful time we had before...can you give me any advice???

Rush said...

Hi Sunny,

I am sorry that you are going through a rough patch and I am hoping that you both can stay strong through this and work it out. I don't know what caused your relationship to fall apart... so I might not be very helpful.

Long distance is always painful. Especially when the other person gets busy with their life, you tend to feel left out... believe me there were times when my boyfriend used to go without any correspondence for a month or so. It would've been exams, assignments or just that he was pre-occupied with everything that comes with doing a Masters... As horrible as that felt, I wanted to give him his time and let him focus on what is required. It's particularly difficult when one person is extremely busy and the other one has time on their hands.

In your case, your girlfriend seems confident that nothing is going to happen with her and the other four guys that proposed to her. She is being very open with you... which is a good thing.

Stop worrying and get busy with the job search. You being sad and distracted is not going to help both of you. Try to be positive and also practical. Sometimes things don't work out... even if you don't realize it now, you'll see that everything is for your good. Every experience in your life makes you stronger and a better person.

Hope that helps. All the best!