27 January 2011

Sloppy Jane

Sloppy Jane is nickname that I coined for myself. I don't consider myself sloppily dressed or anything.. but I am not the one to be wearing make up through out the day. No I don't even bother with lip gloss or lip stick too, unless an occasion calls for it. I mean, if I were going for a party, yes I will do my best to look good; meaning make up, lip stick, painstakingly blow dried hair, etc. On the other hand if I were headed grocery shopping, I will not hesitate to walk out in my tracks (of course I will not be seen 20 ft away from my house in my pajamas or night clothes) and flip flops with my hair tied up. I dont think that is sloppy! And my face is a totally different story... I like to joke that my face is like a flower.. its all fresh and blossoming when I get out of the house... In two hours time, its like a microwaved flower... No amount of make up can cure that!

Then there are times that I just want to lounge in misfit clothes.. and just let the guard down...

What really bewilders me is that there are girls who manage to look amazing through out the day. Whether they are seen at a rocking party or sweating it out in the gym (oh and these girls dont sweat!)... they look absolutely stunning. Their nails are always painted, they have beautiful feet, their face always look fresh, they never have a bad hair day... and they are always dressed in best of clothes... like to the gym.. they wear the kind of t-shirt that I would wear for grocery shopping. I dont think these chicks would sleep in the t-shirt that I wear to bed! I'd like to know how they pull that off? Can someone tell me?

A very very good friend of mine is one such person. She would get out of a long haul flight looking fresh as a daisy. She would return from work just like how she went in. In spite of a long subway ride to and fro and the 10 hours spent at work! That would just kill me! When I go to work, I look like one person and when I get out I swear my colleagues wouldn't even recognize me... All I do is drive in to work and sit there... I have tried washing my face reapplying make up (which is sooo not me) post lunch in an effort to look good... but no, that doesnt do anything!

So this year, I have decided that I am going to make a sincere effort to try and be the "pretty one" instead of sloppy jane. I am wearing good clothes ALL the time, which means a lot more shopping... which means this exercise is not going to last for more than two months... then there's the pedicure and manicure for pretty feet and hands and painted nails... facials on time, threadings on time... looks like V has to land up in a job that pays really well!

1 comment:

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

Argh...indeed...this is ridiculous...when will people learn to mind the own business...don't think you are taking all this personally at all...it's just the way it is...now that I think back,I have had to bear the brunt of quite a few comments on weight etc ...

Btw, great to see you back here in blogosphere...