22 January 2011

Some say this and some say that

After hearing politically correct and diplomatic statements for a while now, its very difficult to accept certain 'honest' blatant remarks that I have to hear here.

While browsing, just browsing, not even trying to take the piece to the trial room.. a guy in the clothes department looks at the kurta I am checking out and says.. "that won't fit you maa'm". Uh?! What?! OK.. what did you just say? I know that I can find size L in the bottom of the pile... urgh! what nerve you son of a ... ! I wanted to say all that but I woman-ed up and said very sweetly "oh ofcourse I know, I am checking this out for my sister!"

How many ever times I have gone through it, something that always makes me uncomfortable is... shopping for undergarments, especially bras... the guy (i always land up with a dude to help me out), I would just have to say " Bra.." and he would know exactly what size to show!!!! I mean really? and they would even correct you "I think you should go for this... " ARGH! Anyway, I was happy that we have department stores these days and we can just pick it up ourselves... so I walked in to LifeStyle and nonchalantly made my way to the appropriate section.. and there he was... "maa'm can i help you?"

I accept that I have gained a lot of weight post pregnancy / delivery, but come on, you see a seven month old baby in my arms and you have the nerve to ask me... "are you expecting?" how do you keep your cool in such situations... i wanted to say... um no.. are you?

On campus what irritates me the most is when V, Nikhil and I go out for a walk... when V introduces Nikhil and me... people look at V with utter disbelief and say things like "Is that your child?... DUDE... no way, man! you are married? i would never have imagined... you look so young..." Yeah, he will look young, he didnt have to lug around another human being inside him for nine months, get it out, care for the child... ofcourse he will look friggin' young! When something like this happens, I swear I will run an extra mile the next day and stop eating all junk and then get rid of all the extra pounds before I leave ISB... so that I can match up to looking as young as my husband... but then I get home and Nikhil throws one of his tantrums and I go right for the cheese balls!!!

I mean am I over reacting? Should I just let it go? Am I taking it all too personally...

I think this morning's incident with my maid was by far the best...she walks in and sees me immediately says "amma, you have not put earrings? you are looking like a man".. I am just speechless!

3 comments:

Priyanka Rajkhowa said...

Argh...indeed...why can't people just mind their own business!! I don;t think you are taking it personally at all ...

Great to see you back in blogosphere....

The Jaanuz said...

Aaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhh! I would kill the man and my maid!!! Tell them to SU!! Ok mental note: if going to India buy all UG from here!

Tech Mentro at Noida,India said...

Very nice & very informative blog. I like this information, you have done fantastic job.It will help a lots of people.Great Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!

Tech Mentro