20 January 2011

T.V. Tidbits

I was never a follower of any new series on the television while I was in America. I always watched ( I hate to admit it) re-runs of Everybody loves raymond, friends, law and order... later I got hooked on to NCIS and House. The point being I never really followed any new series. I used to hate reality shows, like the Bachelor, two years ago if someone asked me to watch I would've puked! However, things have changed, because beggars can't be choosers... of the entire line up of channels available here I am hooked on to Star World... I started watching it initially because they played Friends... I am a sucker for Friends.

I swear I tried to like other Indian Channels.. but somehow nothing was really appealing. There's too much Bollywood involved. After loving Master Chef Australia (again played a season late on Star World) I thought I should give Master Chef India a try. But it was nauseating to see Akshay Kumar being one of the judges! Like cooking and Karate are the same! They lost me when they brought Aishwarya Rai to judge!!!!!!!! I am sure she likes to eat good food, but can she be a reasonable critic of what masala would make a kashmiri pulao taste better? REALLY?

I was thrilled when I saw that Koffee with Karan was coming on Star World... until I started watching the show. Some times Mr.Johar really gets on my nerves. He has the same question for every one Ranbir or Imran the brighter future? Deepika or Sonam the brighter future? These are his rapid fire questions!!!!! By far the worst episode on Koffee... was the one with Priyanka Chopra and Shahid Kapoor... I personally like Priyanka but with Shahid... they both were like immature high school kids!!!! Kareena also was quite annoying with her "Saifu... Saifu..". I did enjoy the one with Deepika and Sonam, also the one with Bachan Sr and his daughter. Very dignified lady! Lastly, the one with Shah Rukh, really made me feel that gets quite lonely on the top!

Oh talking about Shah Rukh, does he ever refuse to endorse a product? I mean Emami Fair and Handsome for men ?! Really, he has to endorse that? Unbelievable, from endorsing high end watches to fairness cream for men, he does it all!

Anyway getting back to the shift in shows that I watch... I never once saw Top Chef, but I got hooked on to Master Chef Australia, I never watched the Bachelor, well I really didnt get hooked on to it, but I didnt get repulsed by it either. These days I watch old seasons of Two and half men, Royal Pains, How I met your mother... *sigh*

4 comments:

The Jaanuz said...

Oh my God!! I watch KWK religiously on YouTube and had exactly the same feelings for the shows you mentioned!!!!! Hated the saifu and laughed my brains out with sonar/deepika.... I even liked the Sanjay dutt/anil kapoor one!! So who do u think has a brighter future... Umrah or ranbir?? Heheheheheh

The Jaanuz said...

Pssttt hate the auto spell check on these apple products!! But you got it na??

Garima said...

I looooooooove Friends, Every Body, 2 1/2 men, House.. however my huband has banned me from l&o... i think i started thinking too cryptically... hehe.
But glad you guys are settling inIndia well.. and enjoying the TV... now.. tell me... dont you think AD's are way better in India than here?/

Rush said...

@Payal - I liked Sanjay Dutt, but Anil Kapoor I felt was talking a lottttt... well, I guess he is extremely pleased with his recent hollywood success... and yeah I got it... I think 'Umrah' has no expressions.. so it has to be Ranbir.

@Garima - Oh my God! We have the same issue at home... I have been banned from watching any crime solving shows...but I used to cheat and sneak in an episode or two while he as away...The days they had back to back L&O on TNT were my husband's nightmare...he he. I love the ads here. Extremely creative!!!!